COMPUMEDICS WINS KEY $0.7M (EUR0.5M) DEAL IN EUROPE
- Key French Opinion Leader site to purchase Sleep Ambulatory Devices
- Compumedics wins major $0.7m deal with University Hospital Strasbourg, France for the supply of sleep diagnostic equipment
- Compumedics will continue to selectively target growth opportunities in Europe as it continues to expand its footprint in this important market
Compumedics Limited (ASX: CMP) is pleased to announce that it has won a major new contract to supply a key reference site in Strasbourg France, University Hospital, with its ambulatory sleep diagnostic equipment. The deal is for EUR0.5m (AUD0.7m) of equipment. In addition Compumedics will participate in a EUR0.2m grant from the regional government in France to fund specific modifications and improvements to the installation.
The winning of this deal will further strengthen Compumedics brand and presence in France and underpin future business in the region. Compumedics has employed a direct sales representative in France for several years and this deal will build further on the work and business already won in the country.
Compumedics remains highly focused on growing the Group through:
· Expansion of the Companies existing products to all key global markets
· Expansion of sales of the Company’s existing products into emerging markets particularly China; and
· Continuing the initial penetration of the neuro-diagnostic market, particularly the US, with Compumedics range of neuro-diagnostic products, including the Neuvo® LTEM (long-term EEG-monitoring) system.
In commenting on this new deal for the Company, Executive Chairman & CEO, Dr David Burton said:
“We are delighted that Compumedics has commenced 2014 with some big contract wins for the company including this $0.7m deal in France. We have always recognised the importance of having key sales representatives based in Europe and the emerging markets to capitalise on business opportunities as the world continues to re emerge positively from the GFC.”
About Compumedics Limited
Compumedics Limited (ASX: CMP) is a medical device company involved in the development, manufacture and commercialisation of diagnostics technology for the sleep, brain and ultrasonic blood-flow monitoring applications. The Company owns US based Neuroscan and Germany based DWL Elektronishe GmbH. In conjunction with these two subsidiaries, Compumedics has a broad international reach, including Americas; Australia and Asia Pacific; and Europe and the Middle East.
Executive Chairman, Dr David Burton, founded Compumedics in 1987. In the same year the Company successfully designed and installed the first Australian, fully computerised Sleep Clinic at Epworth Hospital in Melbourne. Following this early success, Compumedics focused on the development of products that sold into the growing international sleep clinic and home monitoring markets. Compumedics listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in 2000. Over the years, Compumedics has received numerous awards and accolades including Australia’s exporter of the year and has been recognised as a Top 100 Innovatorby the both German and Australian Governments.