ORION LIFESPAN™ MEG
Compumedics is pleased to present further information about our exciting upcoming ORION LIFESPAN™ MEG* product.
Compumedics has overcome earlier MEG (Magnetoencephalography) system barriers with the Compumedics Neuroscan Orion LifeSpan™’s increased precision coupled with fully-integrated MEG “gold standard” brain analysis software CURRY™.
At the heart of the new Compumedics Neuroscan Orion LifeSpan™ MEG system is the patented double relaxation oscillator super conducting quantum interference device (DROS; SQUID) sensor system.
Additionally, a unique dual-helmet dewar, enabling optimal brain imaging localisation, applicable to the greater population including both adult and paediatric populations, is coupled to a vibration-free, vacuum-cooling system for virtual 100% coolant recycling with continuous 24/7 operation. These advancements contribute to transforming functional brain-health, but also provide a sustainable business model reinforced by high barriers of market entry, including patented technological and scientifically proven clinical deployment.
Over a 30-year period Compumedics Neuroscan has established the “gold standard” neurophysiological multi-modality (EEG, MRI, CT, SPECT, PET convergence etc.) and MEG brain analysis platform. In parallel, over a 30-year period the Korean Research Institute of Standards and Science (KRISS) MEG team, led by Dr. Lee have produced the most advanced MEG brain imaging scanner.
MEG provides at least 4-5 orders of magnitude of temporal resolution (speed of brain functional or cognitive measures) over other traditional functional MRI, PET or other conventional imaging systems. The new Orion Lifespan™ MEG presents for functional brain imaging today what MRI was to structural or metabolic imaging in the 80’s and beyond.
New Website : www.OrionMEG.com
*Pending regulatory clearances. Specifications subject to change without notice
ORION LIFESPAN MEG Overview - Video
Additional information about ORION LIFESPAN MEG
- Successful MEG installation at Barrow Neurological Institute (BNI) – please click here to read.
- Significant magnetoencephalography (MEG) milestone achieved with first MEG contract confirmed to world-renowned USA’s Barrow Neurological Institute (BNI) – home of the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center – click here to read more
- Please click here to read Compumedics VISTA MEG Edition 46.
- Please click here to read Compumedics VISTA Edition 49.
- Please click here to read Compumedics VISTA Edition 50.
- KRISS Technology Transfer : ASX Announcement 22 Feb 2016 – click here to read