ORION LIFESPAN MEG
Compumedics is pleased to present further information about our exciting upcoming ORION LIFESPAN MEG product.
Compumedics has overcome earlier MEG (Magnetoencephalography) system barriers with the Compumedics Neuroscan Orion LifeSpan™’s increased precision coupled with fully-integrated MEG (Curry MEG) “gold standard” brain analysis software.
At the heart of the new Compumedics Neuroscan Orion LifeSpan™ MEG system is the patented double relaxation oscillator super conducting quantum interference device (DROS; SQUID) sensor system, enabling 50% greater MEG sensitivity and spatial resolution than the current incumbent market leader.
Additionally, a unique dual-helmet dewar, enabling optimal brain imaging localisation, applicable to the greater population including both adult and paediatric populations, is coupled to a vibration-free, vacuum-cooling system for virtual 100% coolant recycling with continuous 24/7 operation. These advancements contribute to transforming functional brain-health, but also provide a sustainable business model reinforced by high barriers of market entry, including patented technological and scientifically proven clinical deployment.
Over a 30-year period Compumedics Neuroscan has established the “gold standard” neurophysiological multi-modality (EEG, MRI, CT, SPECT, PET convergence etc.) and MEG brain analysis platform. In parallel, over a 30-year period the Korean Research Institute of Standards and Science (KRISS) MEG team, led by Dr. Lee have produced the most advanced MEG brain imaging scanner.
MEG provides at least 4-5 orders of magnitude of temporal resolution (speed of brain functional or cognitive measures) over other traditional functional MRI, PET or other conventional imaging systems. The new Orion Lifespan™ MEG presents for functional brain imaging today what MRI was to structural or metabolic imaging in the 80’s and beyond.
ORION LIFESPAN MEG Overview - Video
Additional information about ORION LIFESPAN MEG
- Significant magnetoencephalography (MEG) milestone achieved with first MEG contract confirmed to world-renowned USA’s Barrow Neurological Institute (BNI) – home of the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center – click here to read more
- Please click here to read Compumedics VISTA MEG Edition 46.
- Please click here to read Compumedics VISTA Edition 49.
- Please click here to read Compumedics VISTA Edition 50.
- KRISS Technology Transfer : ASX Announcement 22 Feb 2016 – click here to read
CURRY MEG information site - ORION LIFESPAN
- Please click here to visit the CURRY MEG Information site.