Technical Support Analyst, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
Job reference : TSA100517
Compumedics USA is currently searching for a Technical Support Analyst to join our Support Team in Charlotte NC. Compumedics Limited (ASX: CMP) is a medical device company involved in the development, manufacture and commercialization of diagnostics technology for the sleep, brain and ultrasonic blood-flow monitoring applications. The Company owns US based Neuroscan and Germany based DWL Elektronishe GmbH. In conjunction with these two subsidiaries, Compumedics has a broad international reach, including Americas; Australia and Asia Pacific; and Europe and the Middle East.
As a Technical Support Analyst based in Charlotte NC, you report to the Service Manager. The Technical Phone Support Analyst at Compumedics USA you will be in charge of managing customer support issues to successful and satisfactory, resolution Triage and troubleshoot customer issues, report defects to Product Management, and contribute to knowledge base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing 1st Tier Phone Support to our rapidly growing customer base, delivering solutions to both technical and non-technical end users while also supporting a wide range of technologies.
- Taking ownership of technical issues, and working with our Escalation group to resolve more advanced issues when necessary
- Documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps
- Providing in-depth 24-hour support of products distributed by Compumedics USA, Inc. Performing remote session problem -solving and remote software installations.
- Serving as a facilitator among internal departments, including Software, Engineering, Production, Finance, Shipping and Sales to varying extents on support related issues.
- Must have a temperament suitable for direct interaction with the users under what can be demanding conditions. This includes a friendly comportment, considerable patience, a high toleration for frustration, and the flexibility to switch attention quickly from one task to another.
- Triage incoming Repairs in a RSO/RMA Process
- Pre-Stage Post Sales Compumedics Equipment
- Perform shift work in a rotation of all 3 Shifts:
- Required to be a 24 hour On-Call Phone Support in a rotating basis throughout the year.
Travel Required: Local Travel up to 15%
- 2 Year College Diploma or Equivalent work experience in related area such as IT or medicine/biology.
- Prefer: 4 Year Degree
- Minimum Certification: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Networking+, Server+, Security+ Certification.
- 3 +years Technical Phone and Customer service experience with troubleshooting and resolving Technical Issues.
- 5+ years Technical experience with High-level working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems-Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, MS Office Products, and General Desktop Support Issue
- 3+Years Technical experience with working knowledge of Microsoft Networking using DNS, TCP/IP, Wireless and other networking concepts.
- 3+Years Technical experience with working knowledge of MS Servers 2008/20012, MSSQL, Remote Access Software and related software programs for data storage and retrieval required.
- 1+ Programming: SQL Scripting, XML, HTML, Python, Scripting, PHP
- Must be conversant in Microsoft Office packages (e.g. Excel, Access, etc.) and be comfortable with being introduced to new relevant similar software packages.
- Knowledge of PSG/EEG and Neurology physiological functions, helpful but not required.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and have a driving record showing less than three moving violations in the previous three years.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is (sometimes, regularly, frequently) required to:
– Sit, walk, stand
– Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
– Reach with hands and arms
– Climb or balance
– Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
– Talk or hear
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to work at a keyboard and computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include (close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus).
Why work for Compumedics?
Compumedics is a global leader in the design and manufacture of innovative diagnostic technologies for sleep disorders, neurophysiology and cardiology since 1987.
Compumedics is committed to developing a world class working environment that rewards individuals for the contributions they, and their teams make to the business each year. Compumedics is proud of the diversity of its people, and continues to develop its people infrastructure under the guidance of the Senior Management Team and the Board.
Apply for this Job
To apply for this position, please send your application to:email@example.com