Electronics Repair Technician: Charlotte, NC, USA
ERT1903/ March 2018
Compumedics USA is currently searching for an Electronics Repair Technician. Compumedics Limited (ASX: CMP) is a medical device company involved in the development, manufacture and commercialization of diagnostics technology for the sleep, brain and ultrasonic blood-flow monitoring applications. The Company owns US based Neuroscan and Germany based DWL Elektronishe GmbH. In conjunction with these two subsidiaries, Compumedics has a broad international reach, including Americas; Australia and Asia Pacific; and Europe and the Middle East.
As an Electronics Repair Technician, you report to the Service Manager. Located in US Office in Charlotte North Carolina. You will be responsible for timely repair of all Compumedics products that fail in the field and are returned for repair in the US Office. Repairing and testing faulty Digita-Analogue PCB’s, sub-assemblies, and finished product that have failed during the production process. Recording and reporting test failure trend data. Candidate must have excellent soldering and Electronics troubleshooting Skills at a component level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General troubleshooting and problem solving to effect repairs
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with Digital and Analogue PCB assemblies
- Excellent Soldering Skills: Pin hole, Surface mount, Ball Grids Array, reflow
- Assemble and test PCB assemblies used in medical electronics incorporating thru hole and surface mount components
- Designing and implementing product testing infrastructure in support of manufacturing
- Troubleshooting electronic component issues
- Troubleshoot and repair to the component level
- Assisting investigation of electronic components for Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Assisting product engineers with test execution and data collection
- Standard assembly techniques using soldering iron and standard hand tools a must
- Knowledge in the use of electronic test equipment such as oscilloscope, digital volt meter, function generator, Safety Analyzer, Xray, etc.
- Running diagnostic programs
- Excellent documentation skills
- Inspecting, testing, and calibrating equipment
- Knowledge of electronic principles and ability to read wiring diagrams
- The Repair Technician has the authority to determine the repair ability of products returned from the customers and make recommendations to the Functional Manager.
US Headquarters in Charlotte North Carolina
- 2-year College Associate Diploma in Electronics or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- IPC -A 600 and 610 Certification
5+ year Technical experience with all levels of Soldering, and Board level troubleshooting and Repair of Diagnostic & Monitoring and/or related equipment and systems required.
5+ years minimum experience as an electronic technician, OEM, medical device experience is a huge plus.
5+ years of experience with the repair complex analogue and digital circuit boards.
3+ year’s working knowledge of Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to write Reports in using Microsoft Office Products: MSXCEL, MSWORD
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is (sometimes, regularly, frequently) required to:
– Sit, walk, stand
– Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
– Reach with hands and arms
– Climb or balance
– Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
– Talk or hear
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to work at a keyboard and computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include (close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus).
Why work for Compumedics?
Compumedics is a global leader in the design and manufacture of innovative diagnostic technologies for sleep disorders, neurophysiology and cardiology since 1987.
Compumedics is committed to developing a world class working environment that rewards individuals for the contributions they, and their teams make to the business each year. Compumedics is proud of the diversity of its people, and continues to develop its people infrastructure under the guidance of the Senior Management Team and the Board.
Apply for this Job
To apply for this position, please send your application to:cmpjobs@Compumedicsusa.com